ADESA UVA will issue a sales disposition for each vehicle sold. Copies will be emailed to both the buyer and seller. UVA is available to arrange transportation, if requested.
All vehicles offered for sale are presented as retail ready unless otherwise disclosed. Normal wear and tear is expected. Minor paintwork is acceptable if done to industry standards.
The UVA definition of “retail ready” includes:
- A smog check (if applicable) and safety inspection
- No excessive body or paint work
- 4mm or better on brakes and 4/32″ or better on tires
- Clean Carfax and AutoCheck
- Clean and clear title
- Fully reconditioned
- Vehicles offered as certified must meet OEM standards
Anything that affects the retail sale of that vehicle needs to be disclosed.
Ineligible vehicles for our sale(s) include:
- Salvage title
- Frame damage
- Manufacturer buybacks (Lemon Law)
- Mechanical problems
- DMV-restricted vehicles
- TMU (true mileage unknown)
- Gray-market vehicles
- Any safety-related items
- Manufacturer “stop-sale” vehicles will not be offered; all other recalls will be sold on a “buyer beware” basis.
Fees will be assessed as follows:
- Dealer buy fee—$275
- Dealer sale fee—$275
- Out of stock/retail fee—$275
- Consignment fee—$0
- No sale fee—$0
- Rerun fee—$0
Buyers are responsible for arranging transportation. UVA will assist the buyer with transportation upon request. If UVA is requested to assist, a separate transportation fee will be charged based on distance.
For any car sold through UVA that is subsequently not available for pickup—whether it’s retailed or out of stock—the seller will be charged a $275 sale fee. The fee will then be remitted to the buyer, who otherwise would have received the car.
Buyers have three business days after delivery to inspect and accept the vehicle or request arbitration. If UVA is not notified within the specified time period, it will be assumed the vehicle has been accepted, and payment must be made to UVA.
On accepted vehicles, the seller will send a clear title and smog certificate (if applicable), and the buyer will send payment to the facilitating auction location. The facilitating auction address can be found at the bottom left of the sales disposition.
If a vehicle is entered into arbitration:
- An adjustment may be made to the final sales price.
- If needed, the vehicle will be inspected by an employee or authorized representative of UVA.
- The sale may be rescinded, and the seller will be responsible for all transportation costs.
There is a $350 mechanical arbitration deductible (first $350 of any mechanical repairs are paid by the buyer).
The maximum amounts awarded for arbitration claims are:
- $300 paint work (per panel)
- $250 brakes/rotors (per axle)
- $150 tires (each)
- $150 bumpers (each)
- $150 windshield
- $0 inspection/certification fees
- $0 maintenance items (oil/fluid change, filters, wiper blades, belts and hoses)
UVA will notify the buyer and seller of the final outcome by email. If an adjustment has been made, a new sales disposition will be sent.
Arbitration will not last longer than 48 hours unless agreed upon by both parties. By participating in a UVA event, either as a buyer or seller, all parties agree that UVA is the final arbiter and its decisions are considered final and binding.